Department of Public Works
455 Squires Dr., Milan MI 48160
Phone - 734.439.1780
Fax - 734.439.3925
Monday - Friday
7:30 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
- There are about 17.7 miles of sanitary sewer lines with over 300 manholes in the City of Milan.
- There are 7 lift stations in the system that collect and deliver wastewater to the wastewater treatment plant.
- The wastewater treatment plant treats an average of 1.2 million gallons of water per day through a rotating Oxidation Ditch system.
- 2009 Annual Water
with Water Quality Data Data Table
- The City of Milan drinking water plant currently produces an average of 1.2 million gallons per day, or just over 390 million gallons of water per year, supplying the residents and businesses within the City of Milan
- Water is supplied by four wells and treated for iron removal before it enters the 27 miles of water main that make up the distribution system.
- Water tower number one allows for storage of 500,000 gallons of water. Water tower number two stores an additional 500,000 gallons of water.
- The water system is operated and maintained by Wade Trim and their licensed water operators. Water meters are read quarterly and water billing is completed by the Utility Billing Clerk at City Hall
- The water department now produces an annual water quality report, which is available to the public for review
- There are 19.36 miles of streets in the City of Milan.
- The City of Milan continually maintains and reconstructs city streets, as the budget allows, targeting areas that are in need.
- For a list of current and upcoming projects, please contact our department.
- Sidewalks in the City of Milan are by ordinance the responsibility of the landowner to maintain. The City of Milan has been active in a project of repairing and replacing sidewalks. Problem areas are listed by priority of use and safety factors, and addressed as time and budgets allow. For more information, please contact our department.
- Rubbish and recycling pickup is every Tuesday. Recycle bins are available at City Hall. Items cannot be placed on the curb before 6:00 pm the previous day. Large items, metal items, and appliances can be put out for pickup on the first Tuesday of the month.
- Yard waste is picked up at the curb every Tuesday from April through November. Yard waste must be placed in kraft paper bags or in 32 gallon or smaller containers clearly marked as yard waste.
- Brush trimmings that are 4-inches in diameter or less can be placed on the curb for chipping on the first and third Mondays, April through September.
- Loose-leaf pickup is annually from the middle of October to Thanksgiving.
- Please contact City Hall (439-1501) with any questions.